The ktMINE team was busy this past year, with numerous updates, launches, awards and more. Read on for a recap of some of the highlights.
Committed to ensuring a pleasant and productive user experience, ktMINE made several updates to the ktMINE UI including updates to:
- The look and feel, with a new font and set styles
- The Search application to make connected data easier to navigate and insights easier to obtain through analytics
- Global patent data, by consolidating into a single dataset
- The agreement view so that key information is highlighted and tagged
- Profile Builder for more comprehensive or refined company portfolios
- The Commercialization App layout to create a greater distinction between the search workspace and analytics results
Speedier License Agreement App
In addition to increased speed and a user-friendly interface, the updated License Agreement Application features refined narrowing filters and new analytics.
Narrowing filters remove the noise of full-text searching by breaking down different parts of the agreements. Filters include variable royalties, fixed payments, disclosed patents and more.
Related Parties Filters
Based on user feedback, a Related Parties filter was added to the Royalty Rates Application. This allows users to filter searches to see only transactions between related parties or between independent parties.
Search and Patents Applications Launched
The ktMINE Search Application was launched to empower innovation and promote transparency. The app provides users instant visibility to a company’s current and future technology and brands, the ability to uncover strategic relationships, stay alert to potentially disruptive technologies and more.
The new Patents Application connects global agreement data to global patent data to offer users more insights into patent licensing trends and values. Currently, over 100,000 global patents have been connected to agreement data to make finding information easier than ever.
Monitoring the competition’s innovation can be the difference between securing your market position and getting railroaded by a surprise, disruptive force. In this ebook, ktMINE shows you how to look at IP and how it can provide insights into your competitor’s innovations.
The success of our customers is very important to us. As such, we unveiled our Complete Guide to the ktMINE Customer Success Route. From training to project assistance, ktMINE specialists are here to help! More to come in 2017.
Out of a record-breaking 643 nominees, ktMINE was selected as a Top 100 finalist for Chicago Innovation Awards. Many thanks to everyone that took the time to vote for us!
As part of any M&A transaction, it is vital to understand the intellectual property assets that a target company owns in order to mitigate risk and assess the value IP brings to the deal. This is why we developed the M&A IP Checklist to help monitor and verify the IP holdings of a target company. Check it out today!
Sharing Knowledge Across the Globe
The ktMINE team can be found at events and in publications all over the world. Here are a few where our very own David R. Jarczyk was spotted or our expert team was quoted:
- “Top 5 Ways to Monitor Disruptive Innovation & Uncover Companies’ Strategies” at IP Service World, SCIP Annual Meeting 2016, IP Service World 2016, and CiMi.CON Evolution 2016
- Royalty Rate Trends and Use in IP Valuation panel at Duff & Phelps IP Summit
- St. Louis International Tax Group (SLIT) panel on “How BEPS has transformed the TP rules and the future of TP in practice”
- Internal Valuation and Competitive Intelligence panel at LES Spring Meeting
- Featured on Financial Poise Radio, David spoke about how ktMINE finds innovation and IP data, which is scattered and unstructured, pieces it together and uncovers valuable insights
- BVR webinar on Valuing Intangibles: From Search to Valuation
- LES webinar on how to Gain a Competitive Advantage and Maximize the Value of Your Deals
- Featured in Inc. Magazine: How Technology is Disrupting Industries in 2016
- ktMINE cited in multiple IAM articles and analyst Megan Rourke cited in IAM’s article “Semiconductor sector upheaval reflected in last year’s US patent assignment stats”
- ktMINE supported The 2016 OECD International Tax Conference
- ktMINE participated as a first-time exhibitor at AALL Annual Meeting 2016, and will participate again in 2017
- ktMINE continued our participation at he AUTM Annual Meeting and will be attending the upcoming AUTM Central in Chicago
CEO, David R. Jarczyk, was among the World’s Leading IP Strategists named to the IAM Strategy 300 for the fifth consecutive year. Congrats David!