Answers to common questions are below. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
WHAT DATA IS AVAILABLE THROUGH ktMINE IP?
- ktMINE IP provides universal access to all ktMINE data sets, including valuable connections across data sets. This includes royalty and market rates, license agreements, patents and assignments, trademarks and assignments, and M&A deals and rumors.
WHERE DOES ktMINE GET ITS DATA FOR ROYALTY RATE FINDER AND LICENSE AGREEMENT ANALYZER?
- Through a proprietary process enabled by our revolutionary, custom-built technology, ktMINE gathers IP license agreements and documents from publicly available sources, such as the SEC. Our technology continually locates documents with potentially-viable royalty rates, with a priority on gathering and adding the most recent filings.
WHAT TYPES OF LICENSING RECORDS CAN BE FOUND IN ktMINE DATABASES?
- Patent, Know How, Technology, Process, Trademark, Trade Name, Copyright, Cross License, Product, Joint Development, Distribution, Sales Agent, Franchise, Advertising, Service, and Software agreements. Some of the agreements in ktMINE can even provide you with comparables containing unusual compensation terms such as cost-plus and profit-split payments.
WHAT ACCESS OPTIONS DOES ktMINE OFFER?
- Pricing is based upon the needs of each user/organization. For more details, contact us at +1 312.253.0926 or request pricing.
HOW MANY DOCUMENTS DOES ktMINE’S LICENSE AGREEMENT ANALYZER DATABASE INCLUDE?
- Our Licensing Intelligence database contains nearly 100,000 full text intangibles licensing agreements, with agreements continually being added. ktMINE provides defensible documents and unlimited access to actual agreements.
WHAT INFORMATION IS CAPTURED FOR EACH AGREEMENT IN LICENSE AGREEMENT ANALYZER?
- Users have the option to view results in list or summary views, which include Filing Date, Filing Type, Filing Exhibit Number and SIC code. In addition, summary view populates text from key sections, including Background, Definitions, Payments/Royalties and Grants.
WHAT FUNCTIONS ARE OFFERED IN ktMINE LICENSE AGREEMENT ANALYZER?
- Search Center offers search capabilities such as the ability to perform text search through the full text or within the Background, Definitions, Payments/Royalties and Grants sections. Also, search by Filing Company, Filing Date, SIC Code, Entity Location, IP Type and Territory. Within the results summary, narrow results further by utilizing Text Search, Filing Company, Filing Date and SIC Code narrowing filters.
HOW MANY DOCUMENTS DOES ktMINE’S ROYALTY RATE FINDER DATABASE INCLUDE?
- Our Royalty Rates and Records database contains over 15,000 non-redacted agreements with nearly 60,000 individual royalty rates and expands each month. ktMINE provides defensible documents and unlimited access to actual agreements along with detailed agreement summaries.
WHAT PAYMENT INFORMATION IS CAPTURED FOR EACH DOCUMENT IN ROYALTY RATE FINDER?
- ktMINE captures and displays all variable royalty rate payments in our detailed agreement summaries. Unusual compensation terms such as cost-plus and profit-split payments are also captured. All payments are detailed at License, Sublicense and Referral levels and a common base (used for statistical purposes) is assigned for each value. Statistics for common bases can be charted to provide additional insight and big picture context, and full payment details are exportable to Excel.
WHAT CRITERIA CAN I SEARCH BY IN ktMINE’S ROYALTY RATE FINDER DATABASE?
- Open Search, Licensor, Licensee, Filing Company, Effective Date, SIC Code, Territory, Exclusivity, Agreement Type, Industry, Royalty Rate, and Assigned Keyword.
WHAT ARE COMPANY IP CONNECTIONS?
- Company IP Connections provide a comprehensive road map to a company’s complete IP Landscape. Through Company IP Connections, users can view valuable relationships between a company and every other company related through IP.
WHAT CRITERIA CAN I SEARCH BY IN ktMINE’S PATENT SEARCH DATABASE?
- Patent Number, Date Search, Text Search, Name Search, and US Classification Search.
ARE FULL PATENT DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR VIEW?
- Yes, patent documents are made available when present. They can be accessed from the Results Summary or within the Patent Profile.